Users linked to an organisation on our platform can have different roles. Each role gives a user specific rights, for example access to different data and different functionalities on the platform.
All users can create classes and update year groups to help with the end of year migration function.
The following types of roles are currently supported by the platform:
- Admin: Has access to any data input by any user linked to their organisation (pupil data or organisational data). Any EBP records, assessments and user data will be accessible and downloadable by the admin user. The admin user is considered the representative of their organisation on the Boxall Profile® Online.
- Super-user: Has access to all pupil data (EBP records and assessments) owned by the organisation. This role should be granted to members of the leadership team (e.g. SENCo, Head Teacher, Inclusion Manager, etc) who may need to access data about all pupils linked to the organisation.
- Staff: Has access to a limited number of pupils data, either because they created the record or because they have been granted access by the admin user. This role may be allocated to teaching staff who will assess all the pupils in their class or group but would not need to access the records of all the pupils in the organisation.
- External professional: Has access to a limited number of pupils data, either because they created the record or because they have been granted access by the admin user. This role should be assigned to users not working in the organisation but occasionally supporting it (e.g. educational psychologists, professional services, etc).
- Finance: has access and can complete finance-related activities only (e.g. purchase and manage a subscription). This role may be granted to members of the organisation's finance team who would not need to access or view any pupil data.
Any user creating an organisation will, by default, be the admin of the organisation. This may be changed once the admin user has invited other users to their organisation and given them an admin role.
Users of an "Academy trust, federation or group of settings" (as a type of organisation on Boxall Profile Online) can have two roles - Administrator and Finance. The Pupil Data access as described above is not applicable to users of this type of organisation. Only users of an organisation that was allocated a subscription by the "Academy trust, federation or group of settings" can have the access described in the above table.